Community Development / Planning Department
The Community Development and Planning Department is responsible for:
- Economic development initiatives
- Administering and enforcing various sections of the City Code including the zoning code, subdivision ordinance, and sign regulations
- Reviewing and managing development proposals, zoning cases, subdivision plats, site plan review, ordinance amendments, conditional use permits, interim use permits, and variances
- Code enforcement
- Preparation and implementation of the city’s comprehensive plan
- Administering and monitoring various state and federal grant applications
- Addressing and mapping
- Responding to information requests from residents, local business owners, and developers
- Administering housing and redevelopment programs
- Providing professional advice, technical expertise and information support to other city departments, City Council, and committees
- Providing staff support for the City Council, Economic Development Authority, Planning Commission, Urban Affairs Committee, and other committees
Fischer Sand and Gravel 2016 AUAR
Fischer Sand and Aggregate, LLP Updated AUAR and Mitigation Plan – Please note that this program works best in Chrome or Firefox
Are you aware of the health risks associated with elevated Radon levels in your home? Minnesota has high radon levels; amplified by geology and climate. Radon is the leading cause for lung cancer in non-smokers. Consider testing & protecting your home! Read on...
Prevent freeze damage at your property and in your neighborhood this winter. Consider shutting your water off while you're away. Read on...
There is no better time of year than the holidays to ensure that all safety features in your home are in good condition and working properly! Safety features can include smoke detectors, cover plates for all outlets and light switches, and even windows. Read on...